Position Title:Head Coach, Pre-MLS Boys & Boys Academy
Reports to:Whitecaps FC Academy Centre Director
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to contribute to the Vancouver Whitecaps culture in the role of Head Coach, Pre-MLS Boys & Boys Academy.
The role of Head Coach, Pre-MLS Boys & Boys Academy is responsible for leadership on and off field for the Whitecaps FC Pre MLS Boys program and the Whitecaps Boys Academy.
This role is also responsible for the Summer High Performance camps, supporting the Discovery program, Virtual academy, the NPP (Network Partner program), and additional club events.
Pre-Boys MLS Academy
- Lead in designing and delivering training sessions, games and competitions
- Provide performance analysis. Evaluate individual performance on an ongoing basis
- Work with other technical staff to provide player evaluations
- Travel with program to any away matches, tournaments and other competitions as scheduled
- Player Recruiting & Scouting lead
- Lead, coach and manage the Boys Academy in Burnaby
- Manage and schedule all Boys Academy staff
- Support the growth strategy for program registration
- Provide ongoing administrative communication and a point of contact
- Provide coaching support for the virtual academy
- Provide coaching support on the U11 to U13 Discovery program
- Lead Coach and management of boys Prospects & Overnight Summer Camps. Primarily in the summer months (off season to Academy programs)
- Provide support on technical coaching visits to select clubs and organizations, as well as any events as part of the clubs’ Network Partner Program.
- Support provincial and regional centre combines, camps and tournaments
- Provide appropriate progress reports on agreed measurable indicators
- Attend meetings as scheduled or required
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Minimum National A Coaching License, Youth License or international equivalent preferred (Can also be in the process of receiving)
- Knowledge of and support for the Canada Soccer LTPD model
- A proven track record and a passion for both grassroots and high-performance programs
- Knowledge of elite player systems and how they differ and integrate with community programs
- Experience directly managing, mentoring, and motivating highly qualified, elite coaches
- Experience with and a passion for the education and development of coaches at all levels
- An understanding of the structure of competitive youth soccer and how it relates to optimal player development
- Knowledge of the Canadian soccer landscape, and the challenges and opportunities it presents to grassroots and high-performance player development
- Experience managing technical budgets and associated cost management and reporting
- An ability to think and plan strategically, and effectively link technical planning with broader club goals
- Strong communications skills and an ability to convey technical planning to non‐technical club stakeholders, including the parents of player
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- Become part of a professional national network all tied to full-time programs in BC
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of color, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.